Volunteers of America Ohio & Indiana is dedicated to helping those in need rebuild their lives and reach their full potential. As an organization stretching across Ohio and Indiana, we have over 1000 committed and compassionate employees working in multiple impact areas. Our mission focuses touches the mind, body, heart – and ultimately the spirit – of those we serve, integrating our deep compassion with highly effective programs and services.
The Veterans Case Manager is responsible for providing individualized interventions designed to assist all residents to successfully complete their program and attain their goals. Primary duties will include developing and revising service plans that are appropriate to the needs and preferences of the client and program requirements.
Comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, sick time, and 403b retirement plan.
• Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in the area of human and/or social services or the behavioral sciences.
• Licensed Social Worker designation is required.
• Education and/or verifiable work experience with at-risk populations is required (homeless, veterans, behavioral health, drug/alcohol addiction, employment, youth, residential).
• The Case Manager must have experience conducting independent analysis and decisions about client service plans, conduct individual and group counseling, maintain programming, assess needs, make referrals, develop resources, and maintain good records.
• Must be knowledgeable of county, state and federal criminal justice systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• The ability to respond to crisis situations and employ the appropriate interventions – while operating in a culturally sensitive manner that acknowledges the diversity of both team members and clients.
Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)